Broward Health Maternity Place provides comprehensive and highly specialized obstetric and pediatric care at both Broward Health Medical Center and Broward Health Coral Springs. Our comfortable, home-like birthing accommodations allow you to include your family in the first hours of your baby's life. Both hospitals provide:
Maternity Care at Broward Health Medical CenterMaternity Place at Broward Health Medical Center offers mothers-to-be over 75 years of experience in routine and high-risk pregnancies. The newly-renovated Maternity Place at Broward Health Medical Center has a whole new look and feel and includes:
- 36 private postpartum suites with luxurious shower facilities
- Full-size bed with pillow-top mattress for dad or partner
- Vanity station for mom
- Large-screen TV
- 3 deluxe Empress Suites with extra-spacious family areas and Tea Time room service available on a first come, first-served basis for an additional charge
- Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center and Neonatal Intensive Care Units on-site
- 24/7 Breast pump rental services
- 24-hour In-House Specialists –anesthesiologist, neonatologist, obstetrician and certified nurse midwife
- 24-hour Level III Neonatal Unit – The 63-bed NICU is one of the largest and most sophisticated in Florida. As a state-designated Level III unit, the NICU is able to support the tiniest and most fragile of babies
- In-house transport team which provides air and ground service on a 24/7 availability
- Parent Weekly Support Group
- Newborn Channel – Information on caring for yourself or your baby post-partum is available with the push of a button through our dedicated Newborn Channel
Maternity Place at Broward Health Coral Springs
- Access the Broward Health Coral Springs patient online registration form here.
- Sign-up for a Broward Health Coral Springs Maternity Tour.
- Read Broward Health Coral Springs' latest "Good Health News" here.
Our commitment to expectant mothers starts long before the due date. Programs are available to help you and your baby thrive during early days of pregnancy, birth and long after you have returned home. Contact our Childbirth Concierge and she will guide you through this exciting journey coordinating all the resources available.
- Maternity tours - scheduled monthly
- Physical Therapy during pregnancy and postpartum
- Pregnancy/Labor/Infant Massage
- CPR for Family and Friends
- Childbirth Preparation/Education
- Pregnancy Massage
- Prenatal Yoga (doctor consent required)
- Spanish Childbirth
- Super Sibling
- Baby and Me
- Mommy and Me
- Mommy and Me Yoga
For more information call our Childbirth Concierge at 954-344-BABY (2229).
The Maternity Place at Broward Health Coral Springs provides:
- Level II Neonatal Unit. The unit is staffed on a 24-hour basis by neonatologists and highly skilled nurses who can provide expert care for any baby needing special attention, for high-risk cases or in the event that complications arise.
- 24-hour On-Site Anesthesia
- Labor Delivery Recover (LDR) Suites – Our labor and delivery unit enables you to experience the entire birth process in the comfort of our private LDR suites. If your birth plan includes a labor Doula (private labor coach) or a water birth, Broward Health Coral Springs also provides for these delivery options. Check with your health care provider.
- Mother/Baby Unit – After your recovery/delivery, you will be transferred for the remainder of your stay to our all private room mother/baby unit with accommodations for your husband or partner if they would like to spend the night.
- Perinatal Unit – The unit has six dedicated beds with state-of-the-art maternal/fetal monitoring equipment for close observation for pregnant women and is staffed with nurses who have expertise in perinatal care.
- 24-Hour Level II Neonatal Unit –This unit is staffed on a 24-hour basis by neonatologists and highly skilled nurses who can provide expert care for any baby needing special attention, for high-risk cases or in the event that complications arise.
- Neonatal Follow-up Program – Premature infants are often medically at risk or need special services. Pre-term babies discharged from the hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit receive follow up care and screening to make sure the child is growing and learning at his/her best pace.
- The gift of an individually prepared birth certificate with footprint as a memento
- Transition to Home Class – A review of new parent information prior to discharge. Topics include: breastfeeding basics, baby bath demonstration, safe sleeping, activities and proper nutrition, mom and baby care and when to call your doctor.
Postpartum Support Group
Our licensed massage therapists offer half-hour and hour- long sessions.
Massage can help you reduce stress, relieve pain and discomfort, and enhance recovery from injury.
Special pregnancy massages are available to reduce discomfort for the mother-to-be.
At Broward Health Medical Center, please contact The Wellness Center at 954.355.5521 for additional information or to book an appointment.
At Broward Health Coral Springs, please contact Community Education at 954.344.3344 for additional information or to book an appointment.
The Latest Technology
Broward Health is one of the few public healthcare systems in the nation to implement a Barcoded Medication Administration System (BCMA). This advanced BCMA records, tracks and ensures the correct medications are delivered in the prescribed dosage and time, to the right patient. With the use of a simple barcoded wristband, patients can see the system at work and are reassured by the added safety measure. BCMA enables caregivers to work more efficiently and demonstrates Broward Health's commitment to patient safety.
Find a Doctor
We can match you to a doctor based on your location, language preference, and more. The search results will provide more ways to narrow your search.