Volunteers Make a Difference!
Volunteers Make a Difference!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Broward Health. Whether you are looking to complete hours or just give time, volunteering provides an opportunity to touch the lives of those in need.
There are many volunteer programs available throughout Broward County in our medical centers and hospice operations.
To learn more about our volunteer services, follow the links to each medical center or call us at the number listed below.
- Broward Health Medical Center & Broward Health Salah Foundation Children's Hospital - 954-355-5374
- Broward Health North - 954-786-2375
- Broward Health Imperial Point - 954-776-8510
- Broward Health Coral Springs - 954-344-3344
- Broward Health Gold Coast Home Health and Hospice Services - 954-785-2990
More Information About... Broward Health Coral Springs
Some frequently asked questions are:
Who Can Volunteer?
Both men and women as well as teens make up our wonderful department of Volunteer Services.
What are the Requirements?
Teen volunteers must be at least 16 years oldand a resident of Coral Springs or Parkland.
All volunteers must wear a uniform, have a PPD test done and attend an orientation session prior to beginning. They must make a commitment of at least 100 volunteer
hours (four hours per week) over a six month period.
Is There Compensation?
Because this is a volunteer opportunity, there
is no monetary compensation however, we
do offer a meal ticket for every four hours shift worked.
If you are interested in making a commitment
to care for members of the community and
to assist our dedicated hospital professionals,
please call 954.344.3381 to schedule an interview or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information About... Broward Health Medical Center
Adult/Auxiliary - Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Broward Health Medical Center/ Salah Foundation Children's Hospital. Our volunteers are a vital part of our hospital and provide valuable services for the hospital, our patients and their loved ones.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday, May 23, 2019 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday, November 7, 2019 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 from 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Volunteers should arrive 30 minutes in advanced to complete additional paperwork. Late arrivals will need to be rescheduled for the next orientation date. Orientation is at Broward Health Medical Center located at 1600 S. Andrews Avenue Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 in our 2nd floor auditoriums. Picture ID is required for entrance to our facility.
To reserve your orientation seat:
- Teen/College Volunteers email: email@example.com or call 954-468-8069.
- Adults email: volunteersatBHMC@browardhealth.org or call 954-355-5374.
All applicants MUST bring the following; without this you will not be able to enter orientation:
- An online completed application; and
- Printed certificates (click here) of the completed Volunteer Orientation modules (certificates will display at completion of each module).
In addition, High School students only MUST bring the following; without you will not be able to enter orientation:
- High school transcript or printout;
- Typed letter of recommendation from your high school (preferred) or previous volunteer organization; and
- A parent/guardian MUST attend the orientation with the student.
Our Volunteer Orientation is geared towards dedicated students completing school service hours and adults who have time they wish to spend giving back to their community in our hospital.
* Please note that our volunteer program does not provide the opportunity to shadow physicians, nurses, or other healthcare providers, nor do we allow volunteers to perform any sort of medical procedures.
* Our Volunteer Orientation session are held on an as-needed basis.